Upgrade from version 1.2.1+ to 1.2.5x
The 1.2.5x introduce a new options a some changes in the data base regarding attached files.
This migration applies only if your PWM version is 1.2.1x
- Download the last version of PWM binary release
- Unzip the files
- Prepare the database (commands are the same for MySQL and MariaDB):
- It is recommended to make a backup of your data base BEFORE applying the patches that follow.
- Connect to the data base, in a console type:
mysql -u pwmroot -p
press enter and give the password for the pwmroot user.
- Run the following commands that will updates all tables and index used by Project Web Manager (execute as pwmroot user in a mysql session):
where path is the path to the script (ex: c:/toto/titi), press enter to execute.
Note It may be necessary before loading the script to set the variable thread_stack=512K into your data base configuration file, section [mysqld]
CAUTION whatever your platform is use '/' (and NOT '\'), and do not use spaces in the path, move the file if needed.
- Exit the connexion:
press enter to execute.
Read the installation documentation in order to configure all files (services, data base access, ...).
DO NOT copy/paste your old configuration files into the new pwm.war.
Simply deploy the war on your J2EE server.